The Annie Glidden Road at Fairview Drive intersection was in need of widening and pavement repair. While the intersection improvement was previously included in an approved Phase I study along Annie Glidden Road, a new PDR was required to receive IDOT/FHWA approval. To ensure the City could utilize $800,000 in federal funding prior to expiration of a legacy Federal earmark, WBK completed both Phase I and II concurrently.
The following items were included in the Phase I and Phase II scope of services:
• Topographic Site Survey and Existing ROW
• Plats and Legal Descriptions
• Geotechnical Investigation
• Geometric Design, Intersection Analysis, and Intersection Design Study
• Wetland Delineation and Report
• Environmental Surveys
• Location Drainage Analysis
• Project Development Report
• Public Involvement
• IDOT and Tollway Coordination
• Phase II Plans, Specifications, and Estimate
Subsequent to a successful bid, WBK was engaged to provide construction management and oversight. The challenges of construction included coordination with an adjacent Tollway project that impacted the I-88 and Annie Glidden interchange, Northern Illinois University student and football events/traffic, and adjacent user concerns with access. Utility relocations created schedule challenges; however, all of the underground utility improvements and pavement/geometric improvements were completed in 2018. The final traffic signal improvements were completed in the spring of 2019.
WBK Engineering (WBK) was responsible for the following tasks during construction on this project:
• Full-Time Construction Observation and Documentation
• Utility Relocation Coordination with ComEd, Comcast, and Metro Net
• Weekly day-time and bi-weekly night-time traffic control inspections
• Weekly Soil Erosion & Sediment Control Inspections
• Pay Estimates & Change Orders
• Extension of Time Requests
• Project Documentation in accordance with IDOT Procedures, utilizing ICORS
• Project Closeout with IDOT and City of DeKalb
If you are interested in beginning a new project, you are a potential teaming partner, or you just want to chat about great architecture and engineering, please drop us a note.
Bodwé Professional Services
415 E. Prairie Ronde St.
Dowagiac, Michigan 49047
Seven Generations Architecture + Engineering
600 East Michigan Avenue
Kalamazoo, MI 49007
3463 Magic Drive,
San Antonio, TX 78229
The Steelhead Engineering Company
259 E. Michigan Ave.,
Kalamazoo, MI 49007
116 W. Main St.
St. Charles, IL 60174
68 E. Michigan Ave.
Battle Creek, MI 49017
Blue Star Integrative Studio
320 S. Boston Avenue
Tulsa, OK 74103